Position: Manager of Strategy, Planning and Development
Position Type: Full Time
Employment Terms: Permanent
Compensation: Competitive Non-Profit Sector wages and compensation package, including a health and dental program, employer-matched pension, flexible work schedule and four weeks’ annual vacation.
Position Location: JHSS Regina office. Travel will be required as part of this position, at times last-minute or extended.
Application Process: Email CV and cover letter to HR Recruitment at HR@sk.johnhoward.ca. JHSS appreciates the effort of all applicants who apply for this role, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply By: 3:00 pm (CST), July 4th, 2023
Integrated Youth Services is a national and international movement, aimed at transforming how youth, ages 12 to 25, and their families find and access the resources, services, and supports they need.
Integrated Youth Services (IYS) offers a one-stop centre in the community, providing rapid access to quality, evidence-based, integrated, culturally safe, youth-targeted services and supports, with a focus on prevention and early intervention.
Integrated Youth Services offers a range of core services that include, but are not limited to, the following key supports:
- mental health and addiction services;
- primary care, sexual health, and harm reduction services;
- education, employment, and training supports;
- social and community services;
- youth and family peer support;
- traditional and cultural supports, and
- other services as identified by community need.
The John Howard Society of Saskatchewan has been selected to lead Integrated Youth Services (IYS) as the Backbone organization in Saskatchewan. The Backbone organization is responsible for implementing a consistent and comprehensive provincial IYS model, as well as establishing and fostering collective and strategic partnerships. It is also responsible for providing leadership, provincial direction, and ongoing support for long-term operation of a minimum of three physical IYS sites in Saskatchewan in addition to virtual services.
The John Howard Society of Saskatchewan is seeking an experienced Manager of Strategy, Planning and Development to join our IYS Backbone Team. As a member of the Backbone Team, the Manager will focus on supporting the planning, coordination and implementation of programs and services at the Youth Hubs – a provincial initiative with the goal of providing youth and young people with enhanced access to integrated health and social services, thereby easing transition points for youth and their caregivers. The Manager will work with the Lead Agencies for the Youth Hubs to lead and/or support the development and implementation of services from early stages to fidelity, integration, and sustainability. Develops knowledge products for Youth Hubs on evidence-based standards and best practice to guide implementation. Assesses the implementation plan for operational feasibility and ensures the development at the physical Youth Hub site incorporates service delivery.
Reporting to the Director of IYS and working closely with IYS Backbone Team, the responsibilities of this position will include the following:
- Ensuring alignment between strategic direction and expected outcomes, and support IYS sites in developing operational plans that support IYS goals.
- Developing, implementing, and monitoring contracts with IYS Youth Hub lead agencies.
- Establishes program goals for the Youth Hubs, develops methodology including policies and ongoing operations and monitoring, evaluation and modification of services.
- Ensures the program adopts standards developed by Saskatchewan IYS, including supporting sites with capital and infrastructure, providing guidance on site start up including space planning and alignment with branding expectations at site levels, etc.
- Developing and supporting early stages of onboarding, to implementation of services and ongoing iterations of service development towards fidelity and integrationOversees the development and utilization of processes and procedures that support IYS Site/Hub Managers leadership.
- Builds strong relationships with Youth Hub lead agencies and partners and supports the planning, development, implementation, evaluation, quality improvement, and decision-making at the local level.
- Works with Youth Hub lead agencies and partners to ensure seamless and coordinated client flow throughout the continuum of care and explores opportunities for new initiatives and service improvements.
- Supports the development of the service plan ensuring it is well defined, operationally feasible, efficient, and effective for integrated youth services and delivery. Reviews and advises on budgets, staffing requirements and service scheduling. Works collaboratively with the Youth Hub, community partners and contracted services to ensure that the requirements identified in the service plan are reflected in the development of the physical environment and the operationalization of Saskatchewan’s core services.
- Creates templates, resources, guidelines and standards, which include analyses, recommendations and expectations supported by evidence-based standards and best practices for integrated youth services and shares with Youth Hubs as part of supporting fidelity to the service delivery model.
- Facilitates the development, implementation and evaluation of measurable quality improvement indicators and objectives for programs/services. Promotes and applies research towards continuous improvement of services.
- Contributes to the implementation of effective processes to ensure success and to assess risks, identify risk mitigation strategies and monitors risk throughout the life cycle of the project/service plan.
- Works in collaboration with IYS Saskatchewan research agenda, with Backbone staff and key stakeholders/partners to implement evaluation processes at the Youth Hubs, including supporting the implementation of Saskatchewan IYS’ data collection platform(s) and administration of data collection tools linked to evaluation.
- Leads, develops and promotes operational policies, procedures, processes, mechanisms and tools that anchor services and activities on a foundation of legislative, regulatory, standard and best practices.• Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education, Training, and Experience
- Diploma or degree in a relevant field and at least two (2) years’ experience with leadership and program development and implementation experience in a health care or community setting or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Experience speaking at public events is an asset.
Knowledge, Skills, and Assets
- Comprehensive knowledge of Implementation Science and Practice framework and conceptual model.
- Experience working with youth and young adults with mental health and/or substance use.
- Comprehensive knowledge of project management principles and methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate and promote collaboration and change management, and work both independently and within a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability in leading and participating in consultations with internal and external stakeholders/partners; working with senior leaders and other senior professionals.
- Ability to utilize initiative, vision, independent thinking and creative problem-solving to implement service plans and realize program completion.
- Demonstrated ability in coordinating programs with clinical service.
- Ability to complete a literature review for best practices and current trends in the areas of program development.
- Strong interpersonal and dispute-resolution skills to effectively deal with a variety of stakeholders both internal and external to the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Strong time- and project-management skills, with an ability to effectively respond to complex and competing priorities in a large-scale, collaborative initiative.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work, at times in fast-based or changing environments.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others to produce effective deliverables.
- Proficient in Microsoft 365 (Teams, Excel, Word, SharePoint, etc.), virtual meeting software, and other applications relevant to the position.
JHSS Workplace Culture and Accountabilities
As part of the JHSS Leadership Team, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Cultivating a positive workplace culture and contributing to JHSS’s goal of being an employer of choice among Saskatchewan non-profits.
- Promoting excellent communication and unity between programs, locations, and our provincial office.
- Assisting in the training and empowerment of frontline leaders to have more control over program budgets, staffing, reporting, and deliverables.
- Work with JHSS’s Leadership Team to ensure that all Employee Success Plans align with JHSS’s Strategic Plan.
- Work with JHSS’s Leadership Team to analyze, develop, and implement consistent operational processes and procedures that align with JHSS’s mission, vision, values, and strategic plan.
The above statements reflect general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and shall not be construed as the detailed description of all work assignments that may be inherent to the position.